2.01.2008

Lime Chicken Fajitas

Personally, I am pro-personalization. I think that Google Reader is among the greatest inventions of the Internet, and I live for the day I'll find a souvenir with my name (spelled correctly). Mostly, however, I love personalized food -- salad bars, omelet stations, ice-cream sundae buffets, etc. Fajitas are great for this purpose. Alex douses his in hot sauce; I dunk mine in lime juice. They're perfect for crowds, but easy enough to make in 20 minutes on a weeknight.

Ingredients (makes about 5 fajitas):
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, sliced
1/4 cup lime juice
salt and pepper
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
flour tortillas
sour cream (optional)
lime wedges (optional garnish)

Instructions:
Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes. Heat oil in a large pan. Add chicken to the pan, and cook through, about 7 minutes. Remove chicken, and add peppers and onions to the pan. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Wrap chicken, onions, pepper and lettuce in tortillas, serve with optional sour cream and lime wedges.